Laptops can become tricky if you are not fully aware of how to use them. Each brand has a different model with different specifications to offer the best laptop deal to its customers. In case you want to learn how to unlock a laptop mouse, then the process may be different for every laptop model based on its design and framework.
While dealing with any model of laptop, best motherboard, mousepad or Touchpad is the fundamental thing you will require to perform certain tasks. In any case, more often than not, people are searching for how to unlock the mouse on a laptop which sometimes causes to freeze. Even the best laptop doesn’t come with an external mouse which means this problem of freezing or locked mouse can arise for every type of user.
You needn’t bother and stress over this situation because there is a way to unlock the laptop mouse.
Easiest Way To Unlock Mouse On A Laptop
There are various techniques that you can use to unlock the mouse or Touchpad on your laptop. The keys or settings may be marginally unique on various gadgets because of various companies that manufacture them. The easiest way is by using the lock and open button on a laptop.
Laptops with Lock and Open button:
You need to know that most of the laptops in the market have a button for empowering and locking down the mouse or Touchpad for your gadget. You need to find the key and use it in order to lock or unlock your mouse without getting into too much confusion. A laptop with a button for the lock and unlock option will do your work instantaneously.
In some cases, you can unlock a laptop mouse by using the function keys. You can make use of the function keys like F1-F12, which may have any key that is used for locking or unlocking the mouse for you. Pressing those keys simultaneously will allow you to unlock your mouse in order to be used for your work as you want.
Usually, a square shape button demonstrates the symbol that allows this feature on a laptop to turn the settings on and off for the mouse. For some laptops, it may very well be demonstrated by pointing a finger or a circle close or over that square shape.
Unlock the Mouse on Windows 10 Laptop
If you are using a laptop with the latest Windows version like Windows 10 and you are experiencing the issues of the mouse getting locked and not moving to any point, then this issue can be resolved easily. To perform such a solution, you can make use of these steps given below.
- Go to the Windows setting by using the Windows icon from the taskbar.
- Search for Touchpad and then go to Touchpad settings from that point.
- After that, you can go to the Touchpad window and find an option called Additional Setting.
- It will give a new display of a window where you can make changes to unlock the mouse button using a checkbox.
- Clicking or unchecking the checkbox allows you to turn this feature on or off on your laptop.
- It is the best setting to use, especially when you are using an external mouse with the laptop.
Unlock the Mouse on Windows 7 Laptop
If you are running an old hardware laptop and using Windows 7 on it, then you can resolve this issue if you follow these steps.
- Go to the Windows setting by clicking the icon of Windows at the bottom of the desktop.
- Search for the control panel and move to settings.
- Now move to Hardware and Sound settings that are available in the control panel.
- Then you can choose the touchpad properties where you can make changes to its settings.
- Find the option that highlights lock or unlock mouse and then remove the checkmark from its box.
This was a guide on how to unlock a laptop mouse. We discussed how you could go through some easy ways in different Windows versions to unlock or lock the external mouse used with a laptop.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I unlock the laptop mouse?
To unlock a laptop mouse, you can find the key on your laptop with the lock/unlock option and use it with the function key.